Sunday, October 16, 2016

I am just different, I am Autistic

I am a child, a loving, caring child. I am Autistic.

It means that ordinary sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and touches that any of you may not even notice can be highly excruciating for me to absorb. My environment often feels hostile.

Today I went to the shopping mall with my dad and this is what I felt.

'My hearing is very sharp, very acute ... termed as Hyperacute. It feels as if hundreds of people are jabbering at once. Music blares from the sound system. Too many people are walking. Too many noises of check out registers, 'hellos' by sales person, kids running,  babies wail, carts creak, older people walking with walking sticks, slamming and dazzing of doors'.

 My brain can’t filter all the input...

My sense of smell may also be highly sensitive.  The big fluorescent lights are not only too bright, they flicker. The space seems to be in constant motion.

There are too many items for me to be able to focus lights on the ceiling, so many human beings in constant motion, so many voices all jumbled up together.

All this affects how I feel just standing there,scared and confused...

Please understand me, I am Autistic!

Don't be scared!
I am just different!

No comments:

Post a Comment