Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The chosen ones, the lucky ones


THE CHOSEN ONES, THE LUCKY ONES
( these are specifically my personal views)
By Almas Akhtar
Sep 2015
( via Almas"s various blogs)
According to Abu Huraira : The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever goes out for the Hajj pilgrimage and dies, then the reward of Hajj will be written for him until the Day of Resurrection. Whoever goes out for the Umrah pilgrimage and dies, then the reward of Umrah will be written for him until the Day of Resurrection".
Few hours back I got the news about the death of a extended family member at Mina and that two others with him ( wife and son) are still missing. 
I am wrong he is not dead he is a "shaheed" according to my Islamic Belief and there is no greater death than that of dying in your "ihram"while performing Hajj.
I know the family is very worried for the safety of the two missing family members. I along with all their family members are praying for the safety of the mother and son. Family members all over the world are calling the telephone numbers frantically and praying day and night. 
I have picked up the phone two times since this morning to call the daughter of the "shaheed uncle" but I could not dial the number. I don't know why I think he was one of Allah"s favorite, maybe all those who achieve martyrdom at Mina were Allah"s favorite.
Life and Death is what this world is all about, we are born and we die but we don't know when and where. Some people die within few minutes, some suffer for years before their death.
Hajj 2015 has been mered with two tragedies the fallen crane near Kabba which killed several hundred people and then the stampede at Mina which killed over 700 people. 
The word Hajj means "to intend a journey", theoretically which is both the outward act of a journey and the inward act of intentions or the spiritual side of Hajj.
I know it may be hard to understand, but when you're in Mecca looking at the Kabba you want to stay there forever. More so you're likely to ask Allah to let you die in Mecca. In fact you can hear it in the dua's of people throughout the journey. You never feel closer to Allah or care less for the world then when you are in Mecca during Hajj or Umrah. I went for Umrah last year with my family and when ever I heard Janaza after prayer, I secretly hoped and prayed that one day when my children are grownup my Allah calls me to this Holy land for my death. 
Just like Hajj life is also a journey!
I don't know if it was just me or others feel the same, the last day when we were leaving I could not move my eyes from the sight of Kabba. Good byes are always hard but that particular one was very hard!
It's not that anyone becomes suicidal. It's not that the Saudi government need not to do a better job with crowd control. It's not that those operating the heavy machinery shouldn't be held accountable. I agree with all that I also agree with the frustration of the families. By any means I don't need to say that we shouldn't push for measures to protect the Hajjis.
What I'm trying to say is that nothing in the world is more pleasing than the thought of meeting our Allah our creator while performing Hajj or Umrah while we are in His House.
Oh Allah, have mercy on those souls, and let them meet You while proclaiming the Talbiya as they did in this world. Let us meet You while You are pleased with us!
Labek Allah Humma Labeik!
Maybe those who achieved martyrdom during Hajj 2015 were the chosen ones, maybe they were the lucky ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment